Monday, August 22, 1983

Introduction

Hello all, my name is Alex McVeigh. I write for a weekly community newspaper in Washington, D.C.

I am a big fan of movies, and some times I even get to review them for my paper. Some of the films reviewed here will be taken from my published reviews.

I am also an active Netflix user, and I try to watch at least one movie from my queue a week (provided it's not basketball season), so I will be reviewing those movies, as well as other ones I own on here as well.

A quick word on my rating system. Since the average price for a movie ticket these days is about $10, I will rank the movies on how much they are worth. For example, Prince Caspian was rated at $5.50, because it was only worth that much.

Other movies are worth the full price of admission, and some that I review, such as The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly or Aliens are classics, and would be worth much more than the price of admission.

Also, I have tagged films by genre, rating, as well as a ringing endorsement from me about whether or not to buy it on DVD or not.

Although this is technically the first post, I have timestamped my reviews from the past year and a half, so you can go back and read my reviews on movies that have come out since March 2008.

My intention for this site is not so much that you read my reviews to see whether or not you should go see the movie. I think that's pretentious.

Rather, I would prefer you see the movie and then read my review, and then think to yourself or comment on the post what I got right, and what I didn't. Some of the posts are more formal reviews, and some will just be essays of sort about a particular film. Since most of them will contain spoilers, I suggest you see the films first, that way we're all on the same level.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment